Thank you so much. My prayers have been answered. I bought the candle and prayer service to give me hope in taking my board exams. I found out I passed! but I did have doubts at first, the test was the hardest test I ever took and I thought the computer was purposely trying to make me fail. after the test I was so sad and scared. But I remembered the service and the pictures of my candle and prayer Read More...
I was recently given this prayer by an Eastern Catholic deacon. I love it because it is a prayer of abandonment and trust in God for the daily details in our lives, and expresses well how much we need His help to live each day well. It has become a new favorite prayer to recite in the mornings as I begin my work day. I hope you benefit from this prayer as much as I have!
When a friend or family member faces difficult times such as the loss of a loved one, illness or a marriage break-up, it can be hard to know how to pray. Also on this page is a short film with a prayer for strength for those who are grieving, and bible quotes to meditate on God's strength, suitable for including in a card or message. There is also a prayer you can pray for a friend going through a hard time, a prayer for patience and strength and the famous "Serenity Prayer" for courage and wisdom. Finally, there is the beautiful daily prayer by St Richard and a short prayer for mental and physical strength when at work.
73. All Glory, all power, all honour to you, Holy Father we worship you, precious Jesus our saviour, Holy Spirit we wait on you for comfort. Come comfort our hearts above the present circumstances and happenings in the nation. We look to thee as our refuge, as our stronghold, as our pivot... Speak Peace unto every happening, let our hearts identify with peace always. Amen
I make it a point to go to the faith and religion channel to see what is going on but as a Catholic , as well as other Catholics, I have been banned for standing up for my Catholic faith. As you seem to think that lady checkmate is such a wonderful person may I suggest that you ask her why she continues to ban Catholics from her station? Our only so called crime is sticking up for our own Christian/Catholic faith.
69. In the morning my mouth will declare of you, you will be my song in the afternoon and yet also at night will I make melodies of what you have done and tell of how you poured peace upon my heart that is not moved and tossed to and fro by all around me but found an anchor in you upon which all am safely assured riding upon your comfort and dwelling in your peace.
Hi Mara, we are very sorry to hear about this tragedy, and our prayers are with your love one. To help you better understand the biblical teaching that nothing in this world happens apart from God’s will, a distinction is helpful. There is a difference between God’s positive or active will, and His permissive or passive will. And example of this is that even though God wills for all men to be saved (His positive will) not all men actually are saved (His permissive will). That is to say, God permits that people will use their free will to reject Him. In the same way, He permits that people will use their free will to hurt others. Even though it is not God’s will that any of us commit a sin, yet He permits it. This is part of God’s permissive will. Why God allows evil things to happen to us is a great mystery, yet we can have confidence in His promise that “All things happen for the good of those who love Him.” And this even includes the evil things. God can bring great good out of every evil! This is the glorious mystery of the Cross of Christ.
95. My confession and prayer are that you lead me in the path for I choose your way and your way is peace. You are my shepherd and the sheep always find comfort in the guidance of the shepherd, besides the still water you lead me, in the green pastures you feed when I follow your instructions which is life unto me. This is comfort and peace unto me I receive it. Amen
Oh God, lead us from the unreal to the Real. Oh God, lead us from darkness to light. Oh God, lead us from death to immortality. Shanti, Shanti, Shanti unto all. Oh Lord God almighty, may there be peace in celestial regions. May there be peace on earth. May the waters be appeasing. May herbs be wholesome, and may trees and plants bring peace to all. May all beneficent beings bring peace to us. May the Vedic Law propagate peace all through the world. May all things be a source of peace to us. And may thy peace itself bestow peace on all and may that peace come to me also.
72. Alpha Omega, beginning the end, Lord I stand before you Maker of the heavens and the God that spreads the cloud as a blanket, amaze at your work the invisible king who we see his works and give all homage to. All peace are in your possession for you are the God of all peace therefore for your people I know peace is assured and am saying thank you for peace that goes beyond my present situation. Grant more expression of peace in my living amen
Eternal God, you know the troubles and pains of the people of Israel-Palestine: We pray for the victims of injustice and violence but also for those who have caused suffering. We pray for those who cannot enter their places of work. We pray for young people who are losing their hope for the future and for mothers who are tired of bloodshed and killing. We pray for the bereaved families, who have lost their beloved ones.
Dear Thomas,Please know, I have only started to go to the faith and religion channel myself for a few weeks, and it took me a week or so to notice the way some people felt about Catholics. I do not think lady checkmate is wonderful as I hardly know her and I did not know that Catholics were banned from that channel. I thought all channels had free speech and anyone could comment. I do not feel the same about the Catholic faith as those that attack it. My Mother married a Catholic and changed her religion for him, I feel no animosity towards the Catholic region at all..
52. I pray for those who are grieving today. I ask for your comfort to surround those whose heart bleeds and weep. I pray for the peace of your presence to envelop every mind and thoughts, such that we might be assured in the knowledge that the enemy can never steal us out of your hands.We are kept safe in your presence forever, whether in life or in death
Copyright 2018 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2018 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Lord Jesus Christ, who are called the Prince of Peace, who are yourself our peace and reconciliation, who so often said, "Peace to you," grant us peace. Make all men and women witnesses of truth, justice, and brotherly love. Banish from their hearts whatever might endanger peace. Enlighten our rulers that they may guarantee and defend the great gift of peace. May all peoples of the earth becomes as brothers and sisters. May longed-for peace blossom forth and reign always over us all.