How awful that someone would neglect your heart like that. I will offer that I have relatives in the emergency services and they see so much struggle, injury, and death that they get desensitized to it. I think that is what you experienced. But I want to thank you for the a wonderful testimony I hear in your post. The joy you had with him to the very end. So many relationships just fall apart under that stress and for even less. You just told us with your words how much you loved him, and what you described is how much he loved you. He did not let his fate prevent him from expressing that love to the end. Your love strengthened him and he was strengthening you to the end. As for what happened in the mortuary, don’t let them undo what your husband offered you, reassurance resting in the love he left you with. I offer what Jesus taught us about that. Your husband was not in that body anymore. Jesus said of the moment that our soul leaves the body, “Wheresoever the body is, there will the vultures be gathered together.” Think about how horrible it sounds that our loved one’s body might be subject to vultures, yet Jesus reassured us, we are gone from that vessel. He also said, “Fear not those that after they have killed the body, they have no more that they can do to you.” Your husband was not in that body anymore. Trust Him. They did not hurt him. You will see your husband again. He promised.
70. Away from all the troubles of the world, the LORD has hidden me and bless His Holy Name for away from the curses, away from the afflicted He made my tent even away from the scourge of the enemy he took me, Father thank you for the working of your power towards me. I worship before thee O Lord of Glory and declare forth that you alone will be my God always for I have found no greater comfort than to rest upon your heart and upon your heart is where I want to always rest.
73. All Glory, all power, all honour to you, Holy Father we worship you, precious Jesus our saviour, Holy Spirit we wait on you for comfort. Come comfort our hearts above the present circumstances and happenings in the nation. We look to thee as our refuge, as our stronghold, as our pivot... Speak Peace unto every happening, let our hearts identify with peace always. Amen
O Great Spirit of our Ancestors, we raise the pipe to you, to your messengers the four winds, and to Mother Earth who provides for your children. Give us the wisdom to teach our children to love, to respect, to be kind to each other so that they may grow with peace in mind. Let us learn to share all the good things that you provide for us on this Earth.
You are capable of speaking to God with the quiet thoughts in your head and with the deepest feelings in your heart. Within these chambers of our soul is where God gives us answers in return; he gives us answers to our prayers through our thoughts and feelings. To stay in tune with the Lord and interpret his incites more easily, stay consistent in prayer and explore the scriptures. Ignoring the Lord’s insights will lead to more confusion in your life and a lack of peace.
85. You bring good out of every circumstance when I believe and let go, thank you for every blessing my way, the trials my way and every good gift I have received for in both good times it is you and even in bad times you are all I have and none else. I surrender and admit and focus on your goodness which you have made me know for in your goodness I find peace flooding my heart and see comfort manifesting itself. Thank you for the goodness that is a comfort to my heart and life always. Amen
Thank you so much. My prayers have been answered. I bought the candle and prayer service to give me hope in taking my board exams. I found out I passed! but I did have doubts at first, the test was the hardest test I ever took and I thought the computer was purposely trying to make me fail. after the test I was so sad and scared. But I remembered the service and the pictures of my candle and prayer Read More...
I am working in this place for 3 months now…I found out that all of my co-workers fight and hate each other. I couldn’t stand it anymore so I thought of looking some prayers that I might use to pray daily. I deeply believe if I’ll keep praying this, it could make a big difference here. I can’t wait. I really love this prayer. I won’t stop praying for them and for all of us to have peace. I love you Jesus!
97. Forsaken by all I put my trust in, deserted by those I thought I could identify with, where is my God is the question upon the heart of those who make mockery of me, peace they say in their heart has fled from him then I lift up my head in prayers and remember the covenant of the Lord, then I cause to come to remembrance that I read in the scriptures in John 16:33"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace", then my heart is strengthened and I lift up my voice in cry that I may the Lord is my peace upon the land of living. Amen
The world can be cruel and unfair at times. We see good things happen to good people. God doesn’t cause them, but he is capable of blessing us with his peace. Practice the presence of God and pray. You can find peace by praying and meditating on what is holy. The act of praying allows you to think on purity, excellence and truth; this fills your heart with good.
95. My confession and prayer are that you lead me in the path for I choose your way and your way is peace. You are my shepherd and the sheep always find comfort in the guidance of the shepherd, besides the still water you lead me, in the green pastures you feed when I follow your instructions which is life unto me. This is comfort and peace unto me I receive it. Amen
Keep alive within us the flame of hope, so that with patience and perseverance we may opt for dialogue and reconciliation. In this way may peace triumph at last, and may the words “division”, “hatred” and “war” be banished from the heart of every man and woman. Lord, defuse the violence of our tongues and our hands. Renew our hearts and minds, so that the word which always brings us together will be “brother”, and our way of life will always be that of: Shalom, Peace, Salaam!
68. Dear Lord God, Father of all creations, who watches over us and who has made the earth his footstool. You created us upon earth as an extension of you meant to bring your dominion to bear in all we do but often times for we are on earth, we are depressed and confused by happenings around us. I pray that you will help us to always remember you are with us, comfort us amidst the storm with your peace and strengthen our hearts that we might always know that we have you as our outstanding peace.
Rebecca Barlow Jordan is an inspirational author, speaker, and passionate follower of Jesus who loves to encourage others heart to heart. She has written 11 books and over 1700 other articles, greeting cards, and other inspirational pieces. Her daily devotional Daily in Your Presence is available for delivery through Crosswalk.com. You can find out more about Rebecca at www.rebeccabarlowjordan.com.