Copyright 2018 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2018 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.
Rebecca Barlow Jordan is an inspirational author, speaker, and passionate follower of Jesus who loves to encourage others heart to heart. She has written 11 books and over 1700 other articles, greeting cards, and other inspirational pieces. Her daily devotional Daily in Your Presence is available for delivery through Crosswalk.com. You can find out more about Rebecca at www.rebeccabarlowjordan.com.
97. Forsaken by all I put my trust in, deserted by those I thought I could identify with, where is my God is the question upon the heart of those who make mockery of me, peace they say in their heart has fled from him then I lift up my head in prayers and remember the covenant of the Lord, then I cause to come to remembrance that I read in the scriptures in John 16:33"I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace", then my heart is strengthened and I lift up my voice in cry that I may the Lord is my peace upon the land of living. Amen
I know what it’s like waking up at 3 a.m. and not being able to get back to sleep while my mind races to things I need to do and issues that need to be resolved. Nothing helps me calm my thoughts more than talking to God in prayer. I can’t explain it, but I know that prayer works. Praying for peace of mind is one of the most powerful tools we have access to as people of faith.
72. Alpha Omega, beginning the end, Lord I stand before you Maker of the heavens and the God that spreads the cloud as a blanket, amaze at your work the invisible king who we see his works and give all homage to. All peace are in your possession for you are the God of all peace therefore for your people I know peace is assured and am saying thank you for peace that goes beyond my present situation. Grant more expression of peace in my living amen
68. Dear Lord God, Father of all creations, who watches over us and who has made the earth his footstool. You created us upon earth as an extension of you meant to bring your dominion to bear in all we do but often times for we are on earth, we are depressed and confused by happenings around us. I pray that you will help us to always remember you are with us, comfort us amidst the storm with your peace and strengthen our hearts that we might always know that we have you as our outstanding peace.
85. You bring good out of every circumstance when I believe and let go, thank you for every blessing my way, the trials my way and every good gift I have received for in both good times it is you and even in bad times you are all I have and none else. I surrender and admit and focus on your goodness which you have made me know for in your goodness I find peace flooding my heart and see comfort manifesting itself. Thank you for the goodness that is a comfort to my heart and life always. Amen
Dear God, it's been 12 years since my mind began to get twisted due to bipolar disorder. I'm constantly depressed and many times and don't deal well with people, I hurt their feelings. The drugs I take are not effective and medicine says that bipolar disorder doesn't have a cure. But I do know that my savior Jesus can heal me and I pray for this every day, I do believe in His miracles.
Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Loving God, please grant me peace of mind and calm my troubled heart. My soul is like a turbulent sea. I can't seem to find my balance so I stumble and worry constantly. Give me the strength and clarity of mind to find my purpose and walk the path you've laid out for me. I trust your Love God, and know that you will heal this stress. Just as the sun rises each day against the dark of night. Please bring me clarity with the light of God.
O God, surround N. [and N.] with your compassion as she/he/they live[s] with N. in sickness. Help N. [and N.] to accept the limits of what she/he/they can do, that feelings of helplessness and frustration [and anger] may be transformed into serene acceptance and joyful hope in you. Let her/him/them remember the grief and love of Jesus over the afflictions of his friends, knowing that God too weeps. Bring her/him/them gladness and strengthened love in her/his/their service; through Christ our companion. Amen.
95. My confession and prayer are that you lead me in the path for I choose your way and your way is peace. You are my shepherd and the sheep always find comfort in the guidance of the shepherd, besides the still water you lead me, in the green pastures you feed when I follow your instructions which is life unto me. This is comfort and peace unto me I receive it. Amen
73. All Glory, all power, all honour to you, Holy Father we worship you, precious Jesus our saviour, Holy Spirit we wait on you for comfort. Come comfort our hearts above the present circumstances and happenings in the nation. We look to thee as our refuge, as our stronghold, as our pivot... Speak Peace unto every happening, let our hearts identify with peace always. Amen
Holy One, you do not distance yourself from the pain of your people, but in Jesus bear that pain with us and bless all who suffer at others’ hands. Hallow my flesh and all creation; with your cleansing love bring me healing and strength; and by your justice, lift me up, that in the body you have given me, I may again rejoice. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.