85. You bring good out of every circumstance when I believe and let go, thank you for every blessing my way, the trials my way and every good gift I have received for in both good times it is you and even in bad times you are all I have and none else. I surrender and admit and focus on your goodness which you have made me know for in your goodness I find peace flooding my heart and see comfort manifesting itself. Thank you for the goodness that is a comfort to my heart and life always. Amen
We begin by acknowledging that Jesus is Lord, that we live in grace and that eternity awaits us. The enemies of peace are fear, shame and pain. All of these are dissolved by the redemptive Christ and his love. Even when we ask for this peace and don't feel it - it is there underpinning the whole of our being. Like a safety net beneath us, this peace that surpasses all understanding is a constant. It does not change, it cannot fail. It is wider and deeper than we can ever imagine.
68. Dear Lord God, Father of all creations, who watches over us and who has made the earth his footstool. You created us upon earth as an extension of you meant to bring your dominion to bear in all we do but often times for we are on earth, we are depressed and confused by happenings around us. I pray that you will help us to always remember you are with us, comfort us amidst the storm with your peace and strengthen our hearts that we might always know that we have you as our outstanding peace.
Lord Jesus Christ, by your patience in suffering you hallowed earthly pain and gave us the example of obedience to your Father’ will: Be near me in my time of weakness and pain; sustain me by your grace, that my strength and courage may not fail; heal me according to you will; and help me always to believe that what happens to me here is of little account if you hold me in eternal life, my Lord and my God. Amen.
I would like to thank you so very much for your wonderful service! I was amazed when I saw the video of the candle that was lit on my behalf at the Holy Sepulcher complete with my prayer request to JESUS! It made me so happy to know that my Request has reached the Holiest place on Earth and I am sure that GOD honored me the faith that he gave me! Thank you for being there for those of us Read More...
I am working in this place for 3 months now…I found out that all of my co-workers fight and hate each other. I couldn’t stand it anymore so I thought of looking some prayers that I might use to pray daily. I deeply believe if I’ll keep praying this, it could make a big difference here. I can’t wait. I really love this prayer. I won’t stop praying for them and for all of us to have peace. I love you Jesus!
How awful that someone would neglect your heart like that. I will offer that I have relatives in the emergency services and they see so much struggle, injury, and death that they get desensitized to it. I think that is what you experienced. But I want to thank you for the a wonderful testimony I hear in your post. The joy you had with him to the very end. So many relationships just fall apart under that stress and for even less. You just told us with your words how much you loved him, and what you described is how much he loved you. He did not let his fate prevent him from expressing that love to the end. Your love strengthened him and he was strengthening you to the end. As for what happened in the mortuary, don’t let them undo what your husband offered you, reassurance resting in the love he left you with. I offer what Jesus taught us about that. Your husband was not in that body anymore. Jesus said of the moment that our soul leaves the body, “Wheresoever the body is, there will the vultures be gathered together.” Think about how horrible it sounds that our loved one’s body might be subject to vultures, yet Jesus reassured us, we are gone from that vessel. He also said, “Fear not those that after they have killed the body, they have no more that they can do to you.” Your husband was not in that body anymore. Trust Him. They did not hurt him. You will see your husband again. He promised.
Thank You that You are a good God Whose yoke is easy and Whose burden is light and yet there are many who have been taught lies and untruths about Who You are. Lord there are many that have been brought up in an environment of hatred and violence who have not heard of Your name or have been fed a tissue of lies about the Lord Jesus Christ – and yet He is the only hope for true peace in this world. Lord, I pray that in Your grace You would convict many of their need of the Lord Jesus and that many would be saved from the jaws of death.
I want to let the Holy Land Prayer group know how very grateful I am for giving me the chance to have my prayer request laid on Our Lord’s Anointed Stone with the lit candle. I was thrilled to see the pictures of them both. Although I couldn’t be in the most holiest place on earth physically I feel I was there spiritually and that Jesus was listening. I felt comfort and at peace. Thank You so much for giving me this opportunity and I will let my relatives and friends know about this super website.
69. In the morning my mouth will declare of you, you will be my song in the afternoon and yet also at night will I make melodies of what you have done and tell of how you poured peace upon my heart that is not moved and tossed to and fro by all around me but found an anchor in you upon which all am safely assured riding upon your comfort and dwelling in your peace.
You are capable of speaking to God with the quiet thoughts in your head and with the deepest feelings in your heart. Within these chambers of our soul is where God gives us answers in return; he gives us answers to our prayers through our thoughts and feelings. To stay in tune with the Lord and interpret his incites more easily, stay consistent in prayer and explore the scriptures. Ignoring the Lord’s insights will lead to more confusion in your life and a lack of peace.
When a friend or family member faces difficult times such as the loss of a loved one, illness or a marriage break-up, it can be hard to know how to pray. Also on this page is a short film with a prayer for strength for those who are grieving, and bible quotes to meditate on God's strength, suitable for including in a card or message. There is also a prayer you can pray for a friend going through a hard time, a prayer for patience and strength and the famous "Serenity Prayer" for courage and wisdom. Finally, there is the beautiful daily prayer by St Richard and a short prayer for mental and physical strength when at work.
I make it a point to go to the faith and religion channel to see what is going on but as a Catholic , as well as other Catholics, I have been banned for standing up for my Catholic faith. As you seem to think that lady checkmate is such a wonderful person may I suggest that you ask her why she continues to ban Catholics from her station? Our only so called crime is sticking up for our own Christian/Catholic faith.
Though we may realize our faith is most strengthened, not in the easy times of life, but in the most trying, it’s often hard to walk that out once we're swirling in the midst of it all. We long for carefree days, yet sometimes, God takes our hand and leads us straight into the darkest of times. Not to harm us, ever. But to bring greater strength, character, trust, beauty, and perseverance to the deepest part of our souls.
These prayers for peace were offered in Assisi, Italy, on the Day of Prayer for World Peace during the U.N. International Year of Peace, 1986. We remember the sacred words and prayers of the world's peoples throughout the ages as they longed and worked for peace. In this present moment, we pause in our own longing to rest from our work and to touch the center. Here and now, we make their words our own. So may our hearts be joined.
Most Holy God, in your word we read so many stories about the ones you have protected as they left home in search of a better life. Your servant Ruth said, “Your people will be my people, your God, my God.” You loved her and found a place for her in Israel. Scripture inspires us to strive for greater hospitality to the poor, the weak and strangers.
I want to thank you so very much for the opportunity offered by your website to have a prayer said in our name at one of the holiest places in the world. The prayer I submitted was so that I could get a well-paying job with the Government as I was working for the Federal Aviation Administration as a contract employee and was trying to get in as a permanent employee but it didn’t look like that was going to Read More...
73. All Glory, all power, all honour to you, Holy Father we worship you, precious Jesus our saviour, Holy Spirit we wait on you for comfort. Come comfort our hearts above the present circumstances and happenings in the nation. We look to thee as our refuge, as our stronghold, as our pivot... Speak Peace unto every happening, let our hearts identify with peace always. Amen
52. I pray for those who are grieving today. I ask for your comfort to surround those whose heart bleeds and weep. I pray for the peace of your presence to envelop every mind and thoughts, such that we might be assured in the knowledge that the enemy can never steal us out of your hands.We are kept safe in your presence forever, whether in life or in death
Crosswalk.com aims to offer the most compelling biblically-based content to Christians on their walk with Jesus. Crosswalk.com is your online destination for all areas of Christian Living – faith, family, fun, and community. Each category is further divided into areas important to you and your Christian faith including Bible study, daily devotions, marriage, parenting, movie reviews, music, news, and more.