Merciful God, in the birth of your Son Jesus Christ in Bethlehem you became one of us; you shared our joy, suffering and pain. We thank you for taking refuge in Egypt and for identifying yourself with refugees and victims of political power. We thank you for your suffering on the cross and for identifying yourself with those who suffer from injustice and live under occupation.
I walked in this manner for awhile and then I began to want more. The Word and service to God became what I desired and couldn’t live without. As I began seeking and serving God more He began to speak to me revealing His purpose for my life through His Word, through prophetic revelations that would be given to me that would always confirm what He had already placed in my spirit.
Rebecca Barlow Jordan is an inspirational author, speaker, and passionate follower of Jesus who loves to encourage others heart to heart. She has written 11 books and over 1700 other articles, greeting cards, and other inspirational pieces. Her daily devotional Daily in Your Presence is available for delivery through Crosswalk.com. You can find out more about Rebecca at www.rebeccabarlowjordan.com.
68. Dear Lord God, Father of all creations, who watches over us and who has made the earth his footstool. You created us upon earth as an extension of you meant to bring your dominion to bear in all we do but often times for we are on earth, we are depressed and confused by happenings around us. I pray that you will help us to always remember you are with us, comfort us amidst the storm with your peace and strengthen our hearts that we might always know that we have you as our outstanding peace.
Even though severe pas ( parental alienation syndrome ) she was a loving caring Young woman that tried to rise above it never kept my granddaughter away from me. Un fortunately my other two children are fully engulfed in it. I have no comfort in greveing as a family with them I am all alone. My depression and anxiety and anger is all my own. If I try to reach out to them thier mother still calls my a narcissistic person looking for sympathy. She is evil by the way. My depression is real as any father has. Days are bad then worse
98. Where is a peace that I might know, where is a comfort that I might be satisfied? All day long I search, everywhere I look for answers but find none so I bow my knees in prayer and the Lord began to minister peace unto me as a child receives nourishment, I rejoice because the Lord has nourished me with peace from his table and given comfort to me. Amen.
WHAT DO YOU THINK? - We have all sinned and deserve God's judgment. God, the Father, sent His only Son to satisfy that judgment for those who believe in Him. Jesus, the creator and eternal Son of God, who lived a sinless life, loves us so much that He died for our sins, taking the punishment that we deserve, was buried, and rose from the dead according to the Bible. If you truly believe and trust this in your heart, receiving Jesus alone as your Savior, declaring, "Jesus is Lord," you will be saved from judgment and spend eternity with God in heaven.
one day she called me to service our generator i said okay because i have been doing dat,then i now start to do the generator after the generator did not work, i now said sist the generator did not work she said why? i said i don’t know she ask me to find solution to the generator i now tell her that we need to carry the generator to repairer she said i don’t have money where he husband send her 95 thousand from the 95 thousand she gave me one thousand so i did not use the one thousand i said okay as far as you ask me to find solution to the generator i will use the 1k to do that hoping that she we give me money she did not i use the 1k to do it. my story is too long, my heart is full of pain, sorrow please i need help please i want to leave my sister place am GOD fearing boy please i need your help.
72. Alpha Omega, beginning the end, Lord I stand before you Maker of the heavens and the God that spreads the cloud as a blanket, amaze at your work the invisible king who we see his works and give all homage to. All peace are in your possession for you are the God of all peace therefore for your people I know peace is assured and am saying thank you for peace that goes beyond my present situation. Grant more expression of peace in my living amen
To the Queen of Peace, the Mother of Jesus Christ "our peace" (Eph 2:14), I entrust my urgent prayer for all humanity at the beginning of the year . . . to which we look with hearts full of hope, notwithstanding the dangers and difficulties that surround us. May Mary show us, in her Son, the Way of peace, and enlighten our vision, so that we can recognize Christ's face in the face of every human person, the heart of peace!
I have not been feeling ok especially in terms of feeling guilty and was troubled yet I always wake up in the morning and pray even when retiring to my bed at night. It all started when I got to my workplace and was destructed by my colleagues whom I found not in a very good mood. I thought to myself that maybe I did not do well but could not figure out how it happened as I was rejoicing in the morning on my way to work.. The prayer has helped reminded me of the Love our Saviour Jesus Christ has for each and everyone of us and how we should always remember him and keep him in our minds and do the right things at all times. Thank you.
I make it a point to go to the faith and religion channel to see what is going on but as a Catholic , as well as other Catholics, I have been banned for standing up for my Catholic faith. As you seem to think that lady checkmate is such a wonderful person may I suggest that you ask her why she continues to ban Catholics from her station? Our only so called crime is sticking up for our own Christian/Catholic faith.
Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Loving God, please grant me peace of mind and calm my troubled heart. My soul is like a turbulent sea. I can't seem to find my balance so I stumble and worry constantly. Give me the strength and clarity of mind to find my purpose and walk the path you've laid out for me. I trust your Love God, and know that you will heal this stress. Just as the sun rises each day against the dark of night. Please bring me clarity with the light of God.
I want to let the Holy Land Prayer group know how very grateful I am for giving me the chance to have my prayer request laid on Our Lord’s Anointed Stone with the lit candle. I was thrilled to see the pictures of them both. Although I couldn’t be in the most holiest place on earth physically I feel I was there spiritually and that Jesus was listening. I felt comfort and at peace. Thank You so much for giving me this opportunity and I will let my relatives and friends know about this super website.
95. My confession and prayer are that you lead me in the path for I choose your way and your way is peace. You are my shepherd and the sheep always find comfort in the guidance of the shepherd, besides the still water you lead me, in the green pastures you feed when I follow your instructions which is life unto me. This is comfort and peace unto me I receive it. Amen
73. All Glory, all power, all honour to you, Holy Father we worship you, precious Jesus our saviour, Holy Spirit we wait on you for comfort. Come comfort our hearts above the present circumstances and happenings in the nation. We look to thee as our refuge, as our stronghold, as our pivot... Speak Peace unto every happening, let our hearts identify with peace always. Amen
Leader: O God, whose will it is that we should live by the sweat of our brows in honest toil and labor, open the hearts of those who have the power to employ, so that those who labor receive just wages and a humane working environment. Strengthen us, O Lord, so that we may continue in solidarity with the victims of unjust labor and forced migration.
Be generous in prosperity and thankful in adversity. Be fair in thy judgment and guarded in thy speech. Be a lamp unto those who walk in darkness and a home to the stranger. Be eyes to the blind and a guiding light unto the feet of the erring. Be a breath of life to the body of humankind, a dew to the soil of the human heart, and a fruit upon the tree of humility.
When a friend or family member faces difficult times such as the loss of a loved one, illness or a marriage break-up, it can be hard to know how to pray. Also on this page is a short film with a prayer for strength for those who are grieving, and bible quotes to meditate on God's strength, suitable for including in a card or message. There is also a prayer you can pray for a friend going through a hard time, a prayer for patience and strength and the famous "Serenity Prayer" for courage and wisdom. Finally, there is the beautiful daily prayer by St Richard and a short prayer for mental and physical strength when at work.
I lost my father in 2013. We were very close, spoke almost everyday. I am not going to lie to you it wrecked me. I am also in my 50s. I don’t know if you have sisters or brother’s, but one day I started texting them what I call Dadisums…Just funny things he use to say like “It’s like catching lighting in a bag” and they would respond with other ones…It’s makes us laugh and remember him fondly…Takes some of the pain away, at least for us.And we know one one of us starts these round of texts it a way of telling the other person we are missing him today…
Copyright 2018 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2018 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.